Thank you Cameron and Natasha from www.theworldpursuit.com for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Prior to this nomination I didn’t know much about this award, so if you are in the same boat, read this entire post to find out how it works. Cameron and Natasha had three different people nominate their blog which means it must be good, so hop over and check it out if you haven’t already.
WHAT IS THE LIEBSTER AWARD?
“Liebster” is a German word meaning beloved or dearest. In the blogging world, the Liebster Award was created to recognize new blogs with less than 200 followers. Once nominated and accepted, it is passed on to other new bloggers who’s blogs you like.
WHAT ARE THE RULES FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD?
Once you accept a nomination, you are expected to complete the following steps:
• Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you.
• Create a post on your blog, displaying the Liebster Award logo
• Answer the 11 questions assigned by the blogger who nominated you
• Provide rules/instructions for accepting the award
• Nominate 11 new favorite bloggers for the Liebster Award
• Come up with a list of 11 new questions for your nominees
• Notify the nominees
Note that accepting the Liebster Award is optional and you are under no obligation to accept. But I think most new bloggers like me will be thrilled to be nominated and to have the award logo proudly displayed on their home page. So I am accepting my nomination and passing it on to 11 blogs I have checked out and like.
QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED:
What is your passion? Travel and writing, of course!
Favorite Movie? Risky Business, I saw it when I was young and fell in love with Tom Cruise. Plus I thought it was a great movie.
What do you find is the most difficult part of blogging? There is so much to learn, and can be overwhelming at times. Right now finding time to do it all is my biggest challenge.
What’s you favorite quote? And why? “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right”. I like it because I believe we can do anything we set our minds to. As my tag line says, I feel we are never too old and it’s never too late.
Who would you vote as person of the year? Yikes, I don’t have an answer for that one. I really don’t have any heroes at the moment!
What made you decide to start a blog? I wanted to start blogging because I love writing, and when I was searching my interests to figure out what I was most passionate about, I discovered travel writing. I have always loved to travel so this seemed like a natural fit. Sounds stupid, but I didn’t really know it existed until this year or I would have started this journey much earlier.
Do you have a goal? If so, what is it? Next year I hope to be published in print and have a successful blog with lots of followers. I plan to get better with social media, and hope to go on at least one press trip (hopefully more).
If you could only do one thing for the rest of your life what would it be, and why? I’m doing it! However, I would love to have enough money bring my daughters on more trips and travel more with my husband.
What’s you favorite music album at the moment? I don’t really have a favorite. I like classic rock and roll from the 70’s.
What is your biggest failure? I really can’t think of a failure, but I do regret not learning Spanish, because it would really be handy now. However, as I used to tell my kids, there are no failures, only lessons.
Is social media good or bad? I think it is good overall, but a huge time suck. To get started as a blogger and write content is very time consuming, but learning all of the social media that goes along with it and keeping up with that is a huge job. But it is a fact of life that if we don’t promote our blogs and posts then no one will read them. I wish it wasn’t important because I’d rather just spend my time writing.
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
- What has been your favorite trip of all time?
- Why do you want to be a travel blogger?
- What do you like best about blogging?
- What do you like least about blogging?
- How much of your time is spent blogging vs. social media?
- Favorite book or movie?
- Do you prefer to read books in print or electronically (iPad, etc.)?
- What is your biggest challenge with blogging?
- Do you have any travel challenges (afraid to fly, handicapped, non-supportive spouse, etc.)? If so, how do you overcome them?
- What do you think of this Liebster award?
- With the end of 2015 rapidly approaching, what is one of your 2016 goals as far as travel or travel writing?
Congratulations and good luck everyone!